We’re your choice in Southeast Calgary for chipped, cracked, and knocked-out tooth restorative services to preserve the look of your smile.
Protect Your Smile!
We offer comprehensive dental bonding services to individuals looking to enhance their smile. We know that a beautiful smile is important to your confidence and self-image. At Midpark Dental we enhance your natural smile for years to come.
Your smile is one of your best assets, so it makes sense to always ensure it looks its best. But if you have a cosmetic dental flaw, it can change how you smile. This is where cosmetic dentistry comes into play. With treatments targeted to improve and enhance the teeth and the smile, you can be more confident showing off your pearly whites.
One of the cosmetic dental treatments we offer at Midpark Dental Cleaning is dental bonding. Carry on reading to know more about this procedure and if this is the best solution for you!
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding, also called tooth bonding or cosmetic bonding, is an easy and quick fix to minor cosmetic dental concerns. It is a procedure that uses tooth-coloured composite resin to restore minimal irregularities and imperfections related to tooth colour, size, shape, and length.
Your dentist may recommend dental bonding in SE Calgary to:
- Whiten tooth discolourations and stains
- Repair a chipped or broken tooth
- Lengthen a short tooth
- Restore misshapen teeth
- Minimize gaps between teeth
Overall, dental bonding aims to enhance and renew your smile through a conservative dental procedure that can be completed in just under an hour per tooth.
Advantages of Dental Bonding
At Midpark Dental Clinic, we offer several procedures in cosmetic dentistry. However, there are several ways in which dental bonding stands out above the rest.
Tooth bonding in SE Calgary does not need significant tooth reductions. The process simply shaves some tooth enamel to optimize the adhesion of the resin. This is a plus compared to veneers and crowns that need more tooth structure removed.
Tooth bonding is one of the least expensive treatments in cosmetic dentistry, but it offers rewarding results with a beautiful smile completed in just one appointment.
The procedure does not take much time in your day. Within an hour, your smile will look good as new, and you can return to your regular schedule and even attend your important meetings and events.
No anesthesia required
You can sit back and relax as your dentist completes the procedure with little to no tooth sensitivity.
Composite resin is used in several procedures in dentistry. As for tooth bonding, we use this material to repair a wide range of cosmetic problems. It is a reliable material that reinforces strength and revitalizes the appearance of your tooth.
Causes of a Chipped Tooth
Some usual causes of a chipped or cracked tooth that we usually encounter at Midpark Dental Clinic in SE Calgary are:
- Weak tooth due to poor oral health causing cavities
- Biting on hard substances like ice or candy
- Misaligned bite
- Night-grinding (bruxism)
- Playing contact sports without a mouthguard
- Accidents, falls
Process of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding in SE Calgary is the quickest way to restore your smile. Here’s what you can expect during your treatment:
- Check-up – first, our dentist at Midpark Dental Clinic will assess the condition of your tooth and understand your concerns Then, a customized treatment plan will be made for you according to your goals and expectations.
- Tooth prep – then, we begin the procedure with tooth preparation. The idea is to keep the tooth reduction as minimal as possible. Your dentist will only remove discolourations and harsh lines to make the composite blend better.
- Bonding – when the tooth is aptly prepared, your dentist will paint a bonding material on the surface. This will help the composite resin adhere properly to improve the long-term restoration of your tooth.
- Moulding the resin – the composite resin is a putty-like material that is layered over the surface and moulded to the shape of your tooth. Colour-matching is also a vital part of this process wherein your dentist will select the best shade of composite that matches the rest of your smile. Once the imperfections are covered, the composite is hardened using a curing light.
- Trim and polish – all excess material is trimmed and the composite surface is polished to achieve a natural finish. This also helps prevent irregularities that may harbour plaque and bacteria and cause early restoration failure.
- Bite check – the last step is to check if your bite is comfortable with your newly restored tooth. Your dentist will ask you to bite on a coloured articulating paper that identifies any high contact points. These are trimmed down to eliminate stress-bearing areas which are fracture-prone.
With everything checked, your tooth should look good as new with its enhanced appearance and function.
When to go to your dentist for dental bonding?
Some people forego dental treatments when they think the problem is “inconsequential”. But when it comes to the beauty of your smile, no chip is too small and no discolouration is too indiscernible. As soon as you see any flaws in your tooth, it is best to visit Midpark Dental Clinic for proper treatment.
The smaller the problem, the more conservative and inexpensive the treatment is. So for this, we can still recommend dental bonding. But if left untreated, these simple concerns may worsen and need extensive treatments.
Learn More About Cosmetic Dentistry Today
If you are concerned about how your smile looks, our team at Midpark Dental Clinic is looking forward to helping you out. Schedule an appointment online or contact us at 403 – 201 – 7999 and discover the comprehensive cosmetic dental treatments we offer!
Why Choose Midpark Dental?
We understand that you are busy and don’t always have time to visit a dentist for a routine checkup in the middle of your Monday. That’s why we offer extended hours Monday and Tuesday for your convenience.
DIRECT BILLING TO INSURANCE PLANS
To support our clients, we offer direct billing, predeterminations of treatments, and financial arrangements to all our patients to ensure smooth and easy payment transactions.
PAYMENT PLANS & FINANCING AVAILABLE
We understand that dental services can be an unexpected expense. That’s why we offer flexible payment plans and options to suit our patients’ needs. Speak with one of our dental assistants to learn more.
At Midpark Dental, you will never struggle to find parking. Our clinics offer convenient parking options that are free of charge to our patients. It’s one more way we work to put a smile on your face.