What Are The Signs of Bruxism?
If you suffer from bruxism, you may experience headaches, jaw pain, earaches, sensitive teeth, chipped teeth, broken fillings, eroded gums and the eventual loss of supporting bone.
At Midpark Dental, our office can help to evaluate your symptoms, devise a treatment plan, and work with you to relieve the discomfort of bruxism. After an extensive examination and patient history, we will formulate a plan that is aimed to help resolve bruxism issues.
Mouth Guard Options
At Midpark Dental, we recommend custom mouthguards. Custom night guards are made to precisely fit your teeth making them the most comfortable option for sleeping.
We have two types of night guards available. We have both hard and soft mouthguards. Which one you need, all depends on your specific needs. Hard mouth guards are used to treating conditions such as bruxism or teeth grinding. While soft mouth guards are used by those playing sports or who have teeth-clenching habits.
Care for your night guard by following these easy steps:
- Ensure your night guard is clean before and after each use by using cold water and a toothbrush to remove any build-up.
- Store your night guard in the case provided. It is important to use a firm, perforated container to allow air to circulate and to prevent damage.
- Keep your night guard away from hot temperatures, such as hot water, direct sunlight, direct heat surfaces to minimize distortion of its shape.
- You will notice your night guard develops general wear throughout its use because the night guard is protecting the teeth from damage. If you see any holes or if it becomes uncomfortable to wear, contact our office.
- Bring your night guard to each regularly scheduled dental visit to ensure it is in good condition and functioning as intended.
Learn More About Custom Night Guards
To learn more about bruxism and how a custom-fit night guard can help treat your symptoms of bruxism, schedule your appointment below.
Why Choose Midpark Dental?
We understand that you are busy and don’t always have time to visit a dentist for a routine checkup in the middle of your Monday. That’s why we offer extended hours Monday and Tuesday for your convenience.
DIRECT BILLING TO INSURANCE PLANS
To support our clients, we offer direct billing, predeterminations of treatments, and financial arrangements to all our patients to ensure smooth and easy payment transactions.
PAYMENT PLANS & FINANCING AVAILABLE
We understand that dental services can be an unexpected expense. That’s why we offer flexible payment plans and options to suit our patients’ needs. Speak with one of our dental assistants to learn more.
At Midpark Dental, you will never struggle to find parking. Our clinics offer convenient parking options that are free of charge to our patients. It’s one more way we work to put a smile on your face.